Thread: RIP Brian

Blog Entries

RIP Brian

This has been put off for a little bit adding this to this part of the forum due to the fact that losing a loved one is never easy.

As of 10/6/15 we lost a huge part of our hearts as we had to have Brian put to rest. We found out that Brian was fighting cancer

We got Brian when he was two weeks old. When we got him he fit pretty much in the palms of our hand. As he grew we got to learn what he did and didn't care for. We found that his heart wasn't for the sport of pulling. He liked the flirt pole and spring pole, they where ok. He liked the tread mill it was also ok ( if you got on it, you wasn't allowed to be on it alone lol ). The one thing Brian truly loved was the water.

He would play in that water until he just couldn't see straight anymore. He didn't care if it was the pool or the river, either way he had a blast, and it was very hard to get him out of the water once he was in it lol. This is a great example of how much he loved the water...

Regardless of what Brian was doing though he always wanted to be with us and we always wanted to be with him. He was a dog that loved the entire family, rather it was the kids or the adults he had a huge heart and loved us all very much. He always did stuff that put a huge smile on our faces or made us laugh and enjoy him, rather it be him with his silly head cocks trying to figure something out or us saying the word squirrel and we'd sit here and watch him look for them on the ceiling.

He was also a great snuggle buddie. On rainy days or lazy days we would snuggle up on the couch or the bed and watch T.V. or attempt to watch T.V. and nap together. I have to say I think he snored louder than me though lol.

Brian also enjoyed and loved going Bye Bye's, and still he would always do something during his adventurous car rides to make us laugh and all through his car rides and once he was home, he always had his silly pit bull smile that we loved so much.

We are truly grateful to have had him in our lives and he will be dearly missed but never forgotten!

Blog Entries

Re: RIP Brian

Very sad to read this, our heart goes out to you and your family.
    George Bailey

Blog Entries

Very heartbreaking experience we had to go through. I will always remember him for ever. He changed my life. And I miss him so much.

Blog Entries

miss him more and more every day :(

Blog Entries

Oh no. Sorry to hear that guys. I remember Brian was the whole reason you joined the pit bull community and this forum started a little while later. This really sucks.

Both Czar and Shogun were born in 2009 as well, so they are all about the same age.

Blog Entries

Yeah he was the founder of mpbp.

Blog Entries

So I just logged onto facebook earlier this afternoon and I came across this post, I cried like a baby, We miss Brian so much!!

A Letter from the Rainbow Bridge

Hi, Mum
    Now that I’ve been across The Rainbow Bridge for a couple weeks, they said I should write a letter home. Sorry, mum, but I’m so busy ‘across the bridge’ that I haven’t thought of home much. They said it’s okay and that you would understand. I hope you do. (I think you will.)
    Remember that night when I wasn’t feeling very well and we were all crying? I don’t remember much, but I do remember seeing and hearing all of you and feeling your touches and hugs…I remember hearing “we love you” and that one last command of “Go through”. I didn’t know what you meant, so I turned around and walked through the fog that was in front of me. I saw the biggest bridge I’ve ever seen! And so many friends on the other side of it! They were all playing with toys and balls! You were right to tell me to go there!
    My feet kept moving forward, but my heart kept pulling me back. Your touches became lighter and lighter and I wanted to come back and nudge your hands for more love, but I was overcome by this feeling of curiosity for the happy place over the bridge! My feet started moving on their own, like a gentle breeze was moving them forward for me! I can’t explain it, but I had no doubt that it was the right thing to do!
    So, I walked across that big, huge bridge by myself! I looked for you, because you’re always by my side, walking with me, but this was different. I didn’t have a collar around my neck or a leash connecting me to you ~ I was ‘free’! Even though you weren’t there with me, I never felt alone! I actually felt like I had a huge cape of love wrapped around my body and the more I walked, the easier it was to breathe! So, I kept walking! And I would feel more warmth in the big hug, so I kept on walking! I eventually made it over the big bridge – I did it by myself, mum!
    When I got here, all of my new friends greeted me and helped me walk off the bridge ~ it was so cool! They gave me a pair of wings and said that I was now a Guardian Angel!
    What I’ve learned over these past few weeks has been amazing and nothing like I’ve seen before! We’re all the same up here ~ we all have wings and we all have Forever People to watch over ~ that’s YOU, mum!You’re my Forever Person and I’m your Forever Dog! We had such a great life together and I do miss you a LOT, but please know that I am so happy in my new home across The Bridge!
    I’ll send you another Earth Angel so you won’t be alone. Give them your whole heart, like you gave it to me. I’ll check in every so often to make sure they treasure your love ~ I always did! When you miss me, think of a rainbow and know I’m on the other side of it, waiting to walk with you again. I’ll always be in your heart. I love you, mum! Time for me to go play

Here i am......see me !!

Blog Entries

I sure miss you bubby, think about you and miss you all the time! <3 <3

Blog Entries

George Bailey

Blog Entries

He was a great dog. Loved the water! loved his family. Was one of a kind, least for me he was. Nothing has been the same since i lost him.