Thread: Greetings from Vermont!

1. Greetings from Vermont!

Hi everyone!
    Back in 2011, my fiance and I adopted a dog from the Humane Society. All we were told was that he was a chocolate lab mix. However, once we brought him home, people in my family seemed to think that Zeus was part pit bull. Now, I know looks can be deceiving because a pit bull-looking dog may not actually be a pit bull and so I know that he may not be part pit bull after all. The only real way to know is through DNA testing, although he has the strength, agility, and looks of one. However, even if he really is not part pit bull, I am really glad I thought he was. I had so many misconceptions about pit bulls, and now I am a huge promoter of the breed! I think that they are just the sweetest dogs, and so handsome.

When I took him to the vet last May, the vet said he definitely looked it, and told me that pit bulls are the biggest babies you could ever met, and she was so right! I've never owned a dog that craves as much attention as this one does. He's also very jealous of our lab, Jack. If we pay attention to Jack, Zeus will come over and try to get himself noticed. He will also try to sit anywhere that isn't a hardwood floor--another pit bull trait!--which often includes Jack's head :D

I know I am rambling, so if you read through all this, thank you! Haha I just wanted people to know about one of the best things of my life--my "son."

Blog Entries

Re: Greetings from Vermont!

Welcome! Enjoy the forum!
    George Bailey

Blog Entries

Welcome to the comunity!

Welcome! As far as DNA Breed testing there is no such test that is actually accurate. It has been proven time and time again. The only true way to know what he is, is to know his pedigree and being a shelter dog that's probably never going to happen. The only accurate DNA testing is that of proving biological parentage.
    Amanda Burchfield
    M.S.K. Designz & Midnight Sky Kennels

"The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of our own ignorance."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Welcome to the Forum and could you maybe post a picture of the dog in question?
    My Keys are in my car in the passenger seat next to my Pit.

Blog Entries

Any questions just ask. welcome