Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ???? about gaff dogs

???? about gaff dogs

Hi everyon just joined this group and must say yal have an awesome wealth of knowledge about all these lines. I have a full gaff dog he's a working dog he's my main catch dog for hog hunting and does a damn good job at it. I was just wondering a little about gaff lines any info yall have would be a great help

2. Re: ???? about gaff dogs

What breeder did u get him from?
    "Long live gameness and the creatures that posess it, and if the caretakers of it are half as game as the dogs they posess it shall live on forever..."
    -Known Author

When you can tell yourself you know you've seen enough to form opinions that you might apply, THEN, you can think about the best way to apply them.
    - TDK

Re: ???? about gaff dogs

I got him from a guy in Slidell la bought him as a house pet at first then tried him on a hog and he's been doin it ever since he's the blue dog in my pics could get the pics to post on the thread

4. Re: ???? about gaff dogs

Its a line for the most part that hasnt been used in the field thats for sure. Mostly conformation shows, pulling, etc... I have seen some good gaff catch dogs though so you are not alone. Id love to see pics of some of your catches.
    "Long live gameness and the creatures that posess it, and if the caretakers of it are half as game as the dogs they posess it shall live on forever..."
    -Known Author

When you can tell yourself you know you've seen enough to form opinions that you might apply, THEN, you can think about the best way to apply them.
    - TDK

Can't figure out how to get em to post I'm on my phone at work offshore lol. No i really don't think he came off of a working stock like i said got him as a house pet when my wife wanted another pit and i tried him out and he had awesome drive so that's what he does now lol. He's ukc registered as an abpt but from what I've read gaff is amstaff. Look at the pics of him in my profile let me know what u think

I posted some pics of the hogs in my album

Alot of the ukc dogs are out of show and go stock UKC type dogs .I have a half gaff dog that thinks shes a jeep you cant judge a dog by its papers and with that said I think amstaffs are what you want to hunt a dog with game breed APBT they would rather eat the bay dogs as the pig
    hey look it is that asshole oh wait it is just me :D

[mp3]http://virg001.edgeboss.net/download/virg001/sick_puppies/audio/sickpuppies_youre_going_down.mp3[/mp3]

Blog Entries

nice looking dogs you have! Nice catches too!

Thank you very much. Yea my blue dog has a much better head on his sholders and much more laid backtbackthen my rednose but once he sees a hog its a different story lol

Does anyone know where gaff dogs originated from and what there purpose was. I've also been told that a lot of bully kennels will use gaff dogs to help clean up there lines and help get the bone structure back is there any truth to that