Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you think of this bloodline

what do you think of this bloodline

I searched other threads for vise grip dogs, but didn't see any, so sorry if this has already been discussed.
    This breeding is taking place in my neck of the woods, a friend of mine told me to give this guy a call, but I have heard some mixed reviews on vise grip dogs/kennel.
    I would like you opinion on the dogs that are produced there. After some research, I think they are not really what I am looking for, but i want to make a more informed decision after I get some opinions from people who actually are knowledgable about the line, b/c I am not.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [389934] :: ROCKO BRED TO LIL CHERRY <FONT COLOR=RED> 2012

Blog Entries

Re: what do you think of this bloodline

well this really depends on what you want... You say you were looking for dogs that were not bred to be animal aggressive but this line has alot of proven dogs in it and that tells me they are animal aggressive and have been bred to be that way. They are breeding for the traits that bring that out.. So I would definetly do some research on all the lines you wanting to get into or learn about and meet some dogs of that line find somethign you really like thats what I did even though mine are also very animal aggressive it was my line of chose I loved their energy, drive, spirit, nuttiness. and every line will have different traits you gotta be around them to see it... This one looks to have some proven dogs in it and in close generations

Live free and fast, waste no time, don't dwell on the past, live in the moment, tomorrow may never come, seek out those wonders and desires in your heart, push hard and never look back. - ME

Thanks, I think I will call this guy and see if I can come out and see his place and talk to him. If nothing more than to get some education. I am not an impulse buyer, lol, so Im not worried about going out here and coming home with my hands full. I figure, since he lives in my town, it would be a great place to start talking to people. Even if they value the breed for different reasons than me.

i'd buy it. i'd hurry also.
    Last edited by versatile; 04-27-2012 at 09:43 PM.

My husband shot down this breeding. Too game for him and probably too game for me. Lol. The search is still on

I am so glad you seem so level headed about what you can and can't handle some people jump into getting a dog cause everyone says oh I love that blood good breeding I would get it then it ends up being to much for them to handle....... Props to you and your husband for doing your research!!!!!

Thanks, it is really hard to do the right thing, but I made a lot of naive mistakes with my last APBTs and I paid some harsh consequences for it (rehoming..but to great homes) and I will not allow that to happen again. Granted I was much younger and a complete F*** up. Time, tough lessons and experience has taught me not to make decisions of emotions.
    I am keeping my eyes open and am waiting on a phone call from a lady to discuss a future breeding she has planned.
    Both parents are ADBA show dogs and or do WT pulling. The top half of the pedigree has a dog 2 generations back that I know of as a CH. ADBA Ch. Boogieman and the bottom half has some good OFRN blood (norrod). I am excited to talk to her and see if this could be a better match for my family. I will keep you posted.

Find some show bred dogs if you want a 'pit bull' but nothing something that will be animal/dog aggressive. Gamebred dogs 99% of the time WILL BE aggro. Are you looking to show a dog? or wp? or just a pet? OFRN is not known for being game for generations its more of a show line now Boogieman stuff is kind of hit or miss anymore.
    HARD MOUTHED

Quote Originally Posted by christySYK View Post
    Find some show bred dogs if you want a 'pit bull' but nothing something that will be animal/dog aggressive. Gamebred dogs 99% of the time WILL BE aggro. Are you looking to show a dog? or wp? or just a pet? OFRN is not known for being game for generations its more of a show line now Boogieman stuff is kind of hit or miss anymore.
    Im know APBTs have DA, and I'm okay with that, I just don't want a straight game bred dog whose parents or grandparents are proven. I'm looking to show, wt pull and have a family companion. I was leaning towards OFRN for that reason, but the kennels I have seen are pretty pricy and since I'm not IN the "pit bull world" I don't have any contacts for good dogs other than what in see online. That's why I have joined these forums, to try and meet people and get some good advice/contacts

10. Re: what do you think of this bloodline

Quote Originally Posted by pitgirl View Post
    Im know APBTs have DA, and I'm okay with that, I just don't want a straight game bred dog whose parents or grandparents are proven. I'm looking to show, wt pull and have a family companion. I was leaning towards OFRN for that reason, but the kennels I have seen are pretty pricy and since I'm not IN the "pit bull world" I don't have any contacts for good dogs other than what in see online. That's why I have joined these forums, to try and meet people and get some good advice/contacts
    sounds like a boogieman dog would be perfect for you.
    Last edited by versatile; 05-06-2012 at 11:37 PM.