Thread: Email from J.C. Crenshaw

Blog Entries

Email from J.C. Crenshaw

I would Like to start out by saying I had the opportunity to speak directly with this man. And he is down to earth good ppl. He sent me an email and gave me permission to post it here. His goal was just to clear up any confusion that might still be lingering about the passing of the late James Ernest Crenshaw. Below is the email. Any questions can be directed to me.

There have been postings on mypitbullpro.com, and other american pit bull web sites, about the passing of James Crenshaw. The James Edward Crenshaw obit posted is not the James Crenshaw that had the book MY LIFE AND TIMES WITH THE AMERICAN PIT BULL. The post did not indicate that, just clarifying as some posters indicated they may have thought so. The James Crenshaw in the posted obit would be the one known as Edward(or Ed) and shows on page 109 of the book

MY LIFE AND TIMES WITH THE AMERICAN PIT BULL. No disrespect to Ed Crenshaw, just clarification. James Crenshaw, writer of the book, did pass away shortly after Ed Crenshaw. When reading the enclosed obit of James E. Crenshaw, Jr., do not confuse his brother Edward with the Ed Crenshaw of Florida, whose obituary is posted on mypitbullpro.com forum.

James daughter Rene passed away on June 10, 2010 and was buried that weekend. She is buried near Buford, Ga.. On the Monday after her funeral, on the way back to Tennessee, James slipped into a coma and passed away a couple of days later. He is buried on a hilltop near Pickens, SC.
    I am James Ernest Crenshaw, Jr.'s brother"
    Obituary (Greenville News, June 19, 2010)

James Ernest Crenshaw, Jr., beloved husband of Dessie Bell Shook Crenshaw, passed June 16, 2010 at Horizon Medical Center, Dickson, TN in his 70th year. Loving father of Randy Waldrop and his wife Scarlet of Cumming, GA and Elaine Phillips and her husband Paul of Cumming, GA; adoring grandfather of 15; brother of Elbert Crenshaw and wife Kathy of Six Mile,

J.C. Crenshaw of Greer, Edward Crenshaw of Piedmont, Elizabeth Crenshaw Pruitt and husband Frank of Inman, and Eula Crenshaw Hinson of Greer; uncle to several nieces and nephews. Mr. Crenshaw was born in Transylvania County, NC

To the late James Ernest Crenshaw, Sr. and Mary Moore Crenshaw. In addition to his parents he was preceded by son Michael Crenshaw, daughter Rene Crenshaw Owens, and brother Frank Crenshaw.

He was retired from Tyson Foods and a member of Walnut Grove Baptist Church, Kenton, TN, an honorably discharged veteran of the US Navy, and was a Mason.

Funeral service 2 PM, Saturday, June 19, 2010 in the chapel of Dillard Funeral Home, Pickens, SC officiated by
    Rev. Jerry McCormick and Paul Phillips
    Visitation 6 to 8 PM Friday, June 18, 2010 and 11 to 2 prior to the service.

Burial in the Crenshaw Family Cemetery.
    In lieu of flowers the family respectfully requests donations to the American Heart Association of Upstate SC and Western NC, 3535 Pelham Road Ste. 101, Greenville, SC 29615.
    Source = my inbox

Re: Email from J.C. Crenshaw

WOW... well send my thanks to him for clearing that up... None the less my condolences to the family.... May they Rest In Peace...

Re: Email from J.C. Crenshaw

I hate there was a mix up and i sorry for the family he was a great man and did great things and i am blessed and honored to own a dog that came down for some of those great dogs he gave the world RIP
    hey look it is that asshole oh wait it is just me :D

[mp3]http://virg001.edgeboss.net/download/virg001/sick_puppies/audio/sickpuppies_youre_going_down.mp3[/mp3]

4. Re: Email from J.C. Crenshaw

new to the site but met jame a couple times when i lived in spartanburg,good dogman.