Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammonds to jeep?

Hammonds to jeep?

Has anyone seen much of this cross? I know a guy that is doing it but it seems to me that his dogs come out really ugly and not as driven as you would think for that cross has any one seen a good crossing of these?

2. Re: Hammonds to jeep?

it works, and who cares what the dog looks like lol

Re: Hammonds to jeep?

Its good to know some one is getting it to work. and i think a dog should be a total package so looks are some what important.

4. Re: Hammonds to jeep?

Blue, having it "work" has nothing to do with looks though. My buddy had a bitxh bred like this and she wouldn't crank....
    "Long live gameness and the creatures that posess it, and if the caretakers of it are half as game as the dogs they posess it shall live on forever..."
    -Known Author

When you can tell yourself you know you've seen enough to form opinions that you might apply, THEN, you can think about the best way to apply them.
    - TDK

i know looks have nothing to do with work ethic. but if you can make a good looking dog that works hard why not?
    and yeah thats what im saying i have not seen many bred like that that do crank....

the whole ugly part was just an observation.

7. Re: Hammonds to jeep?

Also he was told when he got her that she might not crank til she's 3 or more....that's alot of food for a dog that doesn't hunt.
    "Long live gameness and the creatures that posess it, and if the caretakers of it are half as game as the dogs they posess it shall live on forever..."
    -Known Author

When you can tell yourself you know you've seen enough to form opinions that you might apply, THEN, you can think about the best way to apply them.
    - TDK

yes it is!!

My big white male didn't wanna do nothin til he was 2! If the dog is worth it then feeding it until then.....why not? Just sayin not arguing :)

And I don't believe I've seen a good cross with Hamonds and Jeep. Now Hammonds and Boudreaux/Maverick stuff is a different story. I've also seen a few Boudreaux/Jeep mixed with heavy Hammonds that came out good.