Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you

How long does it take you

to clean your yard?
    Yesterday I was in one of those moods where I had to clean it..The yard was bothering the crap out of me as always and so it took me a total of 4hours to do but it is too hot to do everything I want to do which is remove that black netting for the rocks that is above ground now and do something with all the uneeded larger rocks in the yard....I would LOVE to get rid of that god awful rusted metal bucket out in the yard..I don't know what the hell it is for but the roommate who rents a room here had it there so idk..If I move it I would be bitched at but atleast my yard would look a little better.. I want both of those couches GONE and I want my girls yard to be their yard again not some damn junkyard..ugh!!! I really can't wait to move!

2. Re: How long does it take you

Yes ur yard resembles a junk yard I'm glad u decided to fix it. Good work. It takes me 15 minutes to pick up shit, bout 45 to mow, 5 minutes to wash water bowls, food bowls just go in the dishwasher... Just gotta stay ontop of it. Wash beds/blankets once a week... Idk exactly I do a little bit everyday and most things are daily like good bowls and if I see shit I pick it up but do shit walks 2-3x a week with my bucket n shovel. Dogs have big yards n small shit. 3 dogs in your yard though I'd pick up shit immediatly. Every 2 weeks I bleach crates. I water daily so they can have grass. I don't really time all of this lol... Yard walks are just habit when I feel I need to take a relaxing walk, usually 1-3 times a day.
    "Long live gameness and the creatures that posess it, and if the caretakers of it are half as game as the dogs they posess it shall live on forever..."
    -Known Author

When you can tell yourself you know you've seen enough to form opinions that you might apply, THEN, you can think about the best way to apply them.
    - TDK

Re: How long does it take you

Well, it was like this when Mark and I moved in to help out this guy who was about to be thrown out. I'd NEVER have my yard look like this shit hole and it doesn't matter how much I clean up it still looks like shit. IF we were staying and we were buying the house I'd remove all the flowering pot like levels and level out all the dirt. I'd raise the cement walls around the yard, I'd put in grass and a sprinkler system, bushes and two trees. Dump the metal thing, couches, wood box, I'd repaint...This whole house needs upgrades but we don't own it so yes..It is a pile of shit but it is a house and a place to live so i have no complaints...I just wish OTHER people in this house would take the time out to clean up back there too.
    My dogs use the Kennel run by the side of our room. I clean poop everyday and hose out their dog house and clean that. I was in complete shock when I came back from my moms house...the yard was HORRID I about had a damn heart attack! I couldn't believe how disgusting it looked! ugh........... usually it isnt this bad..it is semi ok.
    Doesnt help the people behind us throw their trash in our yard and beer bottles that has died down alot thank god but the yard battle is always a battle I am fighting. And being 100lbs it is kinda hard to move extremely heavy things and barking orders to get RID of all the shit we DONT need is like talking to a wall. Those nasty ass couches are the roommates and he refuses to get rid of them...what the hell else is he gonna use them FOR!?!?!!?
    sorry..I have to kind of rant here.

Depends on the definition of "clean" ... lol
    Sian Min

meaning picking up crap, weeding, watering, hosing, de webbing, checking stuff......spraying bug spray ect..anything yard maintance wise to keep your dogs safe...

it really doesn't take me very long because i do it daily. (i spend a lot of my day outside in the yard with the plants anyways). i am very maticulous about the yard if something is a mess or not tended to it drives me crazy i am VERY OCD about cleaning and maintaing everything. Daily I spend about 5 hours in the yard but that incudes playing with Peanut, cleaning, watering, taking care of the plants, plant maintenance, chasing birds out of the corn, cleaning the pool, but cleaning poop less then 3 minutes because there is barely any to clean. Bedding is done regularly because we have the same bedding as Peanut.
    Peanut SPD-B, JD, JD-B, JD-G,SRD, SRD-B, FF-B FF-S FF-G, DM
    splash dogs Top APBT 2013
    Personal best Super Air-21 feet 6 inches
    Personal best Super Vertical 5 feet 10 inches
    Personal best fetch-it 17 feet
    Personal best clock it 7 seconds
    Sponsored by Stillwater Kennel Supply

Be the person your dog THINKS you are.

Blog Entries

Well i daily clean pick up around my yard but when I really get into it and I have to weed and mow and clear out areas we dont use that crap ends up piling up tha tneeds to go to the dumb it takes me awhile.

Things I do daily include maintain chain spots and the big fence, water bowls and all that great stuff.

Once a week I mow, weed, and spray my yard. It takes me about 4 to 5 hours but I have a big yard, alot to weed around, alot to move so that I can mow and I also have a pool to maintain and keep cleaned up around.

Now we tend to aciqure alot of unnessary shit lol. Or we have big toys that break or something. All this ususally get piled up in the old kennel areas I dont use anymore and once every month or two I load up the truck and make a trip to the dumb.

Now my son messes up my yard alot and I find stranded tools and all kinds of shit that he pulls out and I have to go around picking it up. My sheds are a wreck right now so its all been piling up on the carport cause I havent gotten around to clearing out my sheds where it all belongs. Plan on doing that as soon as it cools down lol

The easiest thing to do is take about an hour a day just cleaning out trash and weeds and going around and just throwing shit away that people wont notice is missing if it comes up gone one thing at a time lol. These are my techqinues to get rid of unnessary shit.

As far as the couches and all that. Its worth getting bitched at I promise. What you do is wait for a day when you got help from someone that doesnt have anything to do with whats in the yard. Wait for everyone else to leave and just load that shit up and haul it off lol. You will get chewed out for it, but make sure before you do it that you bring it up daily for about a week or two before hand and that your tired of seeing it and that if they dont do something about it you will take care of it yourself. Or you can be very vendictive like me and toss a match to it. ( this really pisses them off lol) after its done and they start bitching about it, you can then say Ive been warning you for two weeks!!! lol
    Last edited by smith family kennels; 08-06-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Live free and fast, waste no time, don't dwell on the past, live in the moment, tomorrow may never come, seek out those wonders and desires in your heart, push hard and never look back. - ME

If I could I'd spend all day out there but it is 105 to 106 everyday and too hot to do much let alone do everything that needs to be done since I am the only one taking care of things...I may hold off till it gets cooler out to do major work on the yard that I want to do.

Blog Entries

yeah thats why i said around an hour a day. It might not look like your getting much done but you really are getting more done than you think. Just think of it this way. The yard didnt get messed up in one day its sure as hell isnt going to get clean in one day. As long as you spend alittle time everyday on it it will improve.

Live free and fast, waste no time, don't dwell on the past, live in the moment, tomorrow may never come, seek out those wonders and desires in your heart, push hard and never look back. - ME

Quote Originally Posted by smith family kennels View Post
    Well i daily clean pick up around my yard but when I really get into it and I have to weed and mow and clear out areas we dont use that crap ends up piling up tha tneeds to go to the dumb it takes me awhile.

Things I do daily include maintain chain spots and the big fence, water bowls and all that great stuff.

Once a week I mow, weed, and spray my yard. It takes me about 4 to 5 hours but I have a big yard, alot to weed around, alot to move so that I can mow and I also have a pool to maintain and keep cleaned up around.

Now we tend to aciqure alot of unnessary shit lol. Or we have big toys that break or something. All this ususally get piled up in the old kennel areas I dont use anymore and once every month or two I load up the truck and make a trip to the dumb.

Now my son messes up my yard alot and I find stranded tools and all kinds of shit that he pulls out and I have to go around picking it up. My sheds are a wreck right now so its all been piling up on the carport cause I havent gotten around to clearing out my sheds where it all belongs. Plan on doing that as soon as it cools down lol

The easiest thing to do is take about an hour a day just cleaning out trash and weeds and going around and just throwing shit away that people wont notice is missing if it comes up gone one thing at a time lol. These are my techqinues to get rid of unnessary shit.

As far as the couches and all that. Its worth getting bitched at I promise. What you do is wait for a day when you got help from someone that doesnt have anything to do with whats in the yard. Wait for everyone else to leave and just load that shit up and haul it off lol. You will get chewed out for it, but make sure before you do it that you bring it up daily for about a week or two before hand and that your tired of seeing it and that if they dont do something about it you will take care of it yourself. Or you can be very vendictive like me and toss a match to it. ( this really pisses them off lol) after its done and they start bitching about it, you can then say Ive been warning you for two weeks!!! lol
    Sounds like what I would do if it were just Mark and I but I hate conflicts and avoid them with the retarded Roomate...I will bring it up a few more times and hope Mark listens to what I am saying but he states the,"We are moving soon and it isnt our stuff so leave it alone...we will have a nice yard when we leave." which is true but I just like a nice looking yard, not a junk yard like the boys like it....You should have seen my reaction when I came back from an almost 3 week vacation from my moms..MY YARD WAS THRASHED! and I was pissed!